找回密码
 注册

微信登录,快人一步

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

楼主: 樵夫

提高英语的听说能力,每日一课----走遍美国

   火... [复制链接]
 楼主| 发表于 2009-11-5 17:56 | 显示全部楼层
The Right Magic

ACT III


Here's the bag. 箱子拿来了。
Will he be OK, Dad? 他会没事吗,爸爸?
I hope so. 希望没事。
That's it. 对啦。
That's the way. 就这样。
That's it. There. 很好,啊。
Oh, it's going to be all right. 不会有问题了。
That's it. 对了。
Wrap him in the blanket, Dad! 用毯子把他裹好,爸爸!
That's it. That's it. 对了,就这样。
It's all right, Albert. 不要紧了,Albert。
You're going to be OK. 你不会有问题了。
I want my daddy! 我要我爸爸!
We'll take you to him. 我们会送你去他那儿。?
Easy now. Easy does it. That's it. 放轻松,不要紧,没事了。
Your dad is quite a guy. 你爸爸真不赖。
I know, Grandpa. 我知道,爷爷。
How is he, Philip? 他怎样了,Philip?
He's asleep. 他睡了。
He's going to be fine. 他不会有事了。
How can I thank all of you? 我该如何感谢你们?
Thank my son Robbie. 谢我儿子Robbie吧。
He pulled him out of the water. 是他把你孩子从水里拉上来的。
I'm very grateful, Robbie. 非常感谢你, Robbie。
Dad saved him, not me. 是爸爸救了他,不是我。
I'm so thankful to all of you. 非常感谢你们。
So long. 再见。
He's a lucky boy. 他是个幸运的孩子。
Well, what do you say we get back to our fishing? 你们说,我们继续钓鱼怎么样?
That's a great idea. 好主意。
Uh-oh. It's probably the hospital. 哎哟,可能是医院。
I have to get to a phone. 我得去找个电话。
It probably means we can't stay. 看来我们可能不能呆了。
That's OK. 没有关系。
One of my patients has a high fever, 我的一位病人发高烧,
and I have to go to the hospital. 我得赶去医院。
I'm sorry, Robbie. 对不起,Robbie。
I guess I ruined your day. 我想我今天扫了你的兴了。
You didn't ruin my day, Dad. 你没有扫我的兴,爸爸。
I understand. I really do. 我能理解,真的。
Why are you back so early? 你们怎么这么早回来?
Philip had to go back to the hospital. Philip必须要回医院。
He had an emergency. 他有紧急事情。
Oh, that's too bad, Robbie. 啊,那太遗憾了,Robbie。
Did it spoil your fun? 会不会让你扫兴?
No, Mom. We had a great time. 不,妈妈。我们玩得很高兴。
Well, did you do any fishing? 你们钓鱼了吗?
Yeah, we caught lots of them. Look! 当然,我们钓到好多鱼。看!
They had a special on frozen fish down at the supermarket. 超级市场冷冻鱼特价。
Oh, you really had a bad day. 哦,你们今天真没意思。
We had a good day. 我们今天玩得很开心。
Robbie pulled a boy out of the water. Robbie从水中救出一个孩子。
And Dad saved his life. 爸爸救了他的命。
He's a terrific doctor, Mom. 爸爸是个了不起的医生,妈妈。
I know. 我知道。
Hi, Pop. Hi, Son. 你好,爸爸。你好,儿子。
Hello, Dad. 你好,爸爸。
What a day! 今天好忙!
How about a cup of coffee, Son? 来杯咖啡怎么样,儿子?
I'd love a cup of coffee. 我是想来杯咖啡。
How was the patient? 病人怎么样了?
She'll be fine. 她会好的。
Was it serious? 病得很重吗?
No. 不。
Until today, I was never really interested in medicine. 直到今天,我才对医学真正感兴趣。
Well, it's hard work. 嗯,这种工作很辛苦。
Now I know. 我现在知道了。
I had a good time today, Robbie. 我今天玩得很开心,Robbie。
Me, too. 我也一样。
Why don't we do it again? 我们再来一次怎么样?
Can we? When? 行吗?什么时候?
How about next Saturday? 下周六如何?
Won't you be busy? 你不是有事吗?
I'm changing my schedule. 我准备把工作时间改一下。
Well, do we have a date? 哦,我们算是约定了吗?
We sure do, Dad. 当然,爸爸。
Grandpa, can you come? 爷爷,你能去吗?
I have other plans, Robbie. 我另有安排,Robbie。
But I think you two can have a good time together without me. 但我觉得我不去你们也会玩得很开心。
No, Dad, and certainly not without the right magic. 不,爸爸,没有正确的魔法绝对不行。

u05-3.mp3

3.93 MB, 下载次数: 65, 下载积分: 金币 -2 枚

回复

使用道具 举报

 楼主| 发表于 2009-11-6 17:59 | 显示全部楼层
Thanksgiving



ACT I


OK, Philip. This is your third cup of coffee. 好啦,Philip。这是你的第三杯咖啡了。
We should get to work, 我们得开始做事了,
or we won't be finished by dinnertime. 要不然晚餐时间到了我们还没做完。
I guess we must. 我想我们是该开始了。
We must. 我们是该开始了。
OK. The beginning of my famous Thanksgiving apple pie. 好。开始做我最拿手的感恩节苹果派。
One apple. Two apples. Three apples. Four apples. 一个苹果。两个苹果。三个苹果。四个苹果。
Come on, Philip! 快点,Philip!
Get busy with your famous apple pie. 快做你拿手的苹果派吧。
There's much more to be done. 要做的事太多了。
Now, the ingredients. 现在,看看配料。
What goes into my apple pie besides apples? 除了苹果以外,我的苹果派还要放什么?
Ah, yes. Flour, sugar, butter. 哦,对了。 粉,糖,黄油。
Butter, nice and cold and hard. 黄油,新鲜且又冷又硬。
OK, here are the walnuts. 嗯,核桃在这。
Last but not least, 最后但同等重要的,
the reason my apple pie is famous--cinnamon. 我的苹果派就是靠它出名的---桂皮粉。
Cinnamon ...桂皮粉……
Ellen, where's the cinnamon? Ellen,桂皮粉放在哪儿?
If there is any cinnamon, 要是有的话,
it's in the cabinet with the salt and pepper. 应该跟盐和胡椒粉一起放在橱柜。
Salt, pepper, dill weed, garlic powder, cinnamon. Ellen? 盐,胡椒粉,莳萝,大蒜粉,桂皮粉,Ellen?
Yes, Philip. 什么事,Philip?
Is it possible that we forgot to buy cinnamon? 是不是我们忘了买桂皮粉?
Yes, it is possible that we forgot to buy cinnamon. 是的,我们可能忘了买桂皮粉。
Well, how can I make my famous apple pie without cinnamon? 这下好啦,没有桂皮粉我那道著名的苹果派怎么做?
Good morning. 早安。
Oh, hi, Robbie. Good morning. 哦,Robbie,早安。
Good morning. Robbie. 早安,Robbie。
Can you do me a favor? 你能帮我个忙吗?
Sure, Dad. What? 当然,爸爸。干什么?
Remember my apple pie on Thanksgiving? 记得在感恩节我做的苹果派?
What do you love about it? 你最喜欢中间的什么?
The apples? 苹果吗?
No. The sssss... 不。是sssss……
Cinnamon. 桂皮粉。
Right. We don't have any cinnamon. 对。我们没有桂皮粉了。
I'll go down to Henry's grocery. He's always open. 我到亨利杂货店去买。那儿总是开门营业。
I'll get some for you. 我去替你买一些。
That's my boy! 好儿子!
Oh, put your heavy jacket on, Robbie. 把你的厚夹克穿上,Robbie。
It's cold outside. 外面很冷。
Alexandra might call. Alexandra可能会来电话。
Tell her I'll call her right back. 告诉她我会马上给她回电话的。
OK. 好。
Thanks, Son. 谢谢你,孩子。
Uh, why does he always have to slam the door? 唉,为什么他老是砰一声地关上门。
Hello.... Hello, Alexandra. How are you? ... Fine. 好……Alexandra。你好吗?……很好。
Robbie just went to the store. Robbie刚去商店。
He'll be back soon. 他很快就回来。
He said he'll call you. 他说了他要给你打电话。
... Oh, oh, I see.... Oh ... certainly. ……嗯,嗯, 我知道了。……嗯……一定。
Well, do you have the phone number there? 那么,有那儿的电话号码吗?
... Oh ... I see.... Please, I know he wants to talk to you.... ……啊……我明白……我知道他很想跟你说话……
Thank you, 谢谢,
and happy Thanksgiving to you and your family, too. 祝你和你的全家感恩节愉快。
Try to come by later for dessert.... Bye. 晚会尽量到这儿来吃甜点……再见。
That was Alexandra. 是Alexandra打来的。
She and the Molinas 她和Molina一家
are going to spend Thanksgiving with their cousins. 准备与亲戚一起过感恩节。
She doesn't have the phone number. 她不知道那儿的电话号码。
Oh, Robbie will be disappointed. 哦,Robbie会很失望的。
He'll be grouchy. 他会发牢骚的。
Maybe she'll call back. She promised. 也许她会打电话回来。她说了。
Here's your cinnamon, Pop. 这是你要的桂皮粉,爸爸。
It was a dollar and sixty cents. 花了一元六角。
You forgot to ask me for the change. 你忘了问我要找回零钱。
Or did you forget to give it to me? 或许是你忘了给我?
Thanks, Son. 谢谢你,儿子。
Alexandra called. Alexandra来电话了。
I'll call her back. 我给她回电话。
She said she'll call you later. 她说她等会儿给你电话。
She's not at home. 她现在不在家。
You should have your breakfast, Son. 你应该吃早点,孩子。
Make you feel better. 这样才会让你觉得舒服些。
Protein, vitamins. 蛋白质,维他命。
She said she'll call back? 她说过她会回电话?
Yes, she did. 是的,她说了。
Good morning, everyone! 各位早安!
Happy Turkey Day! 火鸡节快乐!
What's wrong? 怎么啦?
Nothing. Absolutely nothing. 没有啊。什么事也没有。
What's gotten into him? 他怎么搞的?
He missed a phone call. 他没接到一个电话。
From ...? 打来的人是……?
Yes, Alexandra. 对,Alexandra。
It's nice to see young love.... Oh, to be young again! 真高兴看见年轻人相爱……啊,能再恢复年轻多好!
Where's the coffee? 咖啡在哪?

u06-1.mp3

4.81 MB, 下载次数: 2366, 下载积分: 金币 -2 枚

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-11-9 16:17 | 显示全部楼层
都是常用语句及单词,很实用,每天积累一点,多练习,下载了,谢谢版主!:handshake
回复

使用道具 举报

 楼主| 发表于 2009-11-9 17:47 | 显示全部楼层
Thanksgiving

ACT II

I love parades. 我爱看游行。
The Thanksgiving Day parade is always such great fun. 感恩节的游行总是如此有趣。
Look at that Superman balloon! 你看那个超人气球!
Wowee! Just floating along high above Central Park West. 啊哈!高高飘浮在中央公园西路上空前。
Don't you just love it? 你能不喜欢吗?
Oh, and the bands and the music. 哦,还有那乐队和音乐。
John Philip Sousa. John Philip Soussa的曲子。
I love his music. 我喜欢他的作品。
Da dada da da dada da da da da da da dada. 哒 哒哒 哒 哒  哒哒 哒 哒 哒 哒 哒 哒 哒哒。
Oh, look at that float, Robbie. 噢,你看那花车,Robbie。
Look at those funny-looking clowns. 你看那些滑稽的小丑。
It's for kids. 这是给小孩看的。
Maybe so, but parades always make me feel like a kid. 也许是,但这些游行总是让我觉得像小孩子。
Remember when you and your dad and I 还记得你,你爸爸和我
went to the Thanksgiving Day parade? 去参加感恩节游行的事吗?
You were four or five years old, I think. 当时你才四五岁,我想。
Hello, hello.... Oh, hi, Susan. 喂,喂……啊,嗨,Susan。
How are you?... Here's Mom. 你好吗?……妈妈就来了。
Hello, Susan. 喂,Susan。
Yes, he missed a phone call from Alexandra. 对,他没接到Alexandra打来的电话。
Yes, I know, but he'll get over it. 是的,我知道。他过一会就好了。
Good. Then you'll be here about five? 很好。那么大约在五点左右来?
Oh, fine. 嗯,很好。
I look forward to seeing you and Harry and Michelle. 我很想见Harry和Michelle。
Drive carefully. 开车时小心。
Good-bye. 再见。
Taste Ellen's turkey dressing. 尝尝Ellen的火鸡填料。
It's delicious. 味道好极了。
I'm not surprised. 我一点也不觉得奇怪。
It's Grandma's recipe. 这是奶奶的配方。
It's my favorite part of the meal. 这是全餐中我最爱吃的部份。
What about my famous apple pie? 我那著名的苹果派怎么样?
Dad, your apple pie is my favorite dessert. 爸爸,你做的苹果派是我最爱吃的甜点。
How's the parade? 游行怎么样?
OK. 还好。
Mom! Is it for me? 妈妈!是我的吗?
No, Robbie. 不,Robbie。
Who was it? 谁来的电话?
Wrong number. 打错号码。
Philip, would you join me in the kitchen, please? Philip,请你跟我来厨房帮忙,好吗?
It's getting late. 时间不早了。
We have vegetables to prepare. 我们还得准备蔬菜。
Can I help with anything? 我能帮什么忙吗?
No, honey. 不用,亲爱的。
You just relax with Grandpa. 你只要轻轻松松陪爷爷就行了。
I'll get you to help serve later. 等一会我会叫你帮忙端菜。
Ellen reminds me so much of Grandma. Ellen真让我想起你奶奶。
What time does the Michigan football game come on? Michigan足球赛何时开始?
Four. 四点钟。
Philip! Philip!
I'll be back to see the game. 我到时候来看比赛。
Grandpa, when did Dad graduate from Michigan? 爷爷,爸爸是什么时候从Michigan毕业的?
Let me think. 让我想想。
He graduated from medical school in 1960 他在一九六零年从医学院毕业
and from the University of Michigan in 1956. 一九五六年从Michigan大学毕业。
Did you go to Michigan, too, Grandpa? 你也是Michigan大学的吗,爷爷?
Yup. I graduated in 1937. 是的。我是一九三七年毕业的。
I've got to start thinking about college soon. 我很快也得开始考虑大学的事了。

u06-2.mp3

2.7 MB, 下载次数: 125, 下载积分: 金币 -2 枚

评分

参与人数 1 +5 金币 +5 收起 理由
蓝鱼o_0 + 5 + 5 赞一个!

查看全部评分

回复

使用道具 举报

 楼主| 发表于 2009-11-10 18:01 | 显示全部楼层
Thanksgiving
ACT III

OK, everybody. 好啦,各位。
I want to welcome Harry and his daughter Michelle 我想对Harry和他女儿Michelle
to Thanksgiving with us. 来参加我们的感恩节晚餐表示欢迎。
Thank you, Dr. Stewart. 谢谢你,Stewart大夫。
Call me Philip. 叫我Philip。
OK. 好的。
But first, I think we should take a moment 不过首先,我想我们应该用一两分钟
and remember the meaning of Thanksgiving. 来追忆一下感恩节的意义。
Philip, I took Michelle to a school play   Philip,我带Michelle看过学校演出的
about the first Thanksgiving.  第一次感恩节历史剧。
Well, why don't you tell us about that, Michelle? 那好,能否给我们讲一讲, Michelle?
Thanksgiving was about the Pilgrims, 感恩节是关于清教徒的,
the first settlers in America. 他们是第一批来美国定居的移民。
They shared the first harvest with the Indians 他们与印第安人分享首次收获
and gave thanks. 和感恩。
All right. 很正确。
Then in that spirit let each of us give thanks. 现在本着同样心意让我们开始感恩。
Each in his own way. 每个人用自己的方式来表达。
Who wants to begin? 谁先开始?
I will. 我来。
I give thanks for being here with my family and for being well, 我感谢能在这里和家人同住而且很健康,
so I can enjoy you all. 让我享受到你们大家的温馨。
All rihgt! 太好了!
We love you, Grandpa. 我们爱你,爷爷。
I'd like to give thanks for a healthy year, a good job, 我感谢这一年来身体健康,工作顺利,
and for meeting Harry and Michelle. 并且认识了Harry和Michelle。
We'd like to give thanks for meeting Susan  我们要感谢认识了Susan
and the Stewart family. 和Stewart一家人。
I love you, Daddy. 我爱你,爸爸。
Thanks, Harry. 谢谢你,Harry。
That was very kind of you. 你真好。
I'd like to give thanks for Grandpa coming to live with us. 我感谢爷爷到这儿和我们一起生活。
And I'd also like to thank my math teacher 我还要感谢我的数学老师
for giving me a passing grade. 给我及格分数。
And call me, Alexandra. 还有,打电话给我,Alexandra。
Oh, Robbie! 啊,Robbie!
She'll call. 她会打的。
You go first, Marilyn. 你先讲,Marilyn。
I'm thinking. 我还在想。
You go first. 你先来。
Well, you all know I'm working on my photo album. 好吧,你们都知道我正在进行我的写真集。
It's not finished yet. 现在还没有完成。
And I'd like to thank Marilyn for being so patient. 我要感谢Marilyn没有不耐烦。
Thanks, Richard. 谢谢你,Richard。
I should thank you for encouraging me 我应该感谢你一直鼓励我
to keep working on my fashion designs. 继续我的服装设计工作。
I'm lucky to have a husband with an artistic eye. 我很庆幸,我丈夫具有艺术的眼光。
Oh, we have a lot to be thankful for. 啊,我们有很多需要感谢的事情。
For the food on this table. 感谢这桌上的丰盛食物。
Just like the Pilgrims. 就像早年清教徒那样。
I'll go along with that, Ellen. 我也有同感,Ellen。
Well, help me serve, Robbie. 好,帮我分菜,Robbie。
It was a wonderful meal, Mrs. Stewart. 真是一顿精美的晚餐,Stewart太太。
Thank you. 谢谢 。
And now to see the end of the football game. 现在去看看足球赛的最后一段。
Exactly. 正合我意。
Where are you going, Philip? 你上哪去,Philip?
Remember, the Michigan football game? 记得吗,Michigan足球赛?
And Michigan needs a touchdown. Michigan队需要得分。
Did you forget something? 你是否忘了什么东西?
Dad, your famous apple pie. 爸爸,你最著名的苹果派。
Just let me see the score, Ellen. 让我去看看比分,Ellen。
Go ahead, Philip. 去吧,Philip。
We should all take a little break before dessert. 吃甜点之前我们大家应该稍微休息一下。
Oh, who could that be? 啊,这会是谁呢?
Oh, it must be Alexandra. 一定是Alexandra。
I invited her to come by for dessert. 我邀请她来吃甜点。
You did? 请了她?
I like Ellen. 我喜欢Ellen。
You know everyone, Alexandra. 你认识每一位吧, Alexandra。
No, she doesn't know Harry Bennett and his daughter Michelle. 不,她不认识Harry Bennett和他女儿Michelle。
Nice to meet you. 幸会。
Hi. 好。
Hello, Alexandra. 你好,Alexandra。
Hi, Marilyn. 嗨,Marilyn。
Hi, Susan. 嗨,Susan。
Happy Thanksgiving. 感恩节快乐。
And Alexandra brought us a pumpkin pie. Alexandra给我们带来了一个南瓜派。
Please sit down, Alexandra. 请坐,Alexandra。
Dad, Richard--Alexandra's here. 爸爸,Richard Alexandra来了。
Michigan needs a touchdown. Michigan队需要一次底线得分。
Three minutes to play. 还剩三分钟。
Hi, Alexandra. Welcome. 嗨,Alexandra。欢迎。
Hello, Alexandra. 你好,Alexandra。
Yes, Michigan needs a touchdown. 是啊,Michigan队需要一次底线得分。
One tiny little touchdown, with just three minutes to play. 一次小小的底线得分,只剩下三分钟了。
You want Michigan to win. 你希望Michigan队赢球。
How'd you guess? 你怎么晓得?
And Alexandra brought us a pumpkin pie. Alexandra给我们带来了一个南瓜派。
What happened? 怎么啦?
We forgot to turn the oven on. 我们忘了开烤箱开关。
We did? 我们忘了吗?
Philip, why don't you go    Philip,你何不去
watch the last three minutes of the game. 看完那最后三分钟的球赛。
I will serve coffee and pumpkin pie. 我来准备咖啡和南瓜派。
OK. I'll be back in a few minutes. 好,过几分钟我就回来。
Robbie, would you bring the dessert plates. Robbie,你把甜点盘子拿来。
And, Marilyn, would you pour coffee, please. Marilyn,请你倒一杯咖啡。
Sure, Ellen. 当然,Ellen。
How was your Thanksgiving dinner, Alexandra?你的感恩节晚餐怎么样,Alexandra?
Just wonderful, Mr. Stewart. 好极了,Stewart医生。
The Molinas are a large family. Molina家是一个大家族。
I love being with them. 我喜欢和他们在一起。
I'm glad you came by, Alexandra. 我很高兴你来,Alexandra。
I am, too. 我也一样。
Touchdown! Touchdown! Touchdown! 底线得分!底线得分!底线得分!
Great Thanksgiving. 美好的感恩节。
Lots to be thankful for. 要感谢的事很多。
Michigan scored a touchdown. Michigan队底线得分。
Alexandra came by. Alexandra来了。
And nobody misses Philip's famous apple pie. 并且没人会想到Philip著名的苹果派。
Oh, Grandpa! 啊,爷爷!

u06-3.mp3

4.35 MB, 下载次数: 153, 下载积分: 金币 -2 枚

回复

使用道具 举报

 楼主| 发表于 2009-11-11 17:07 | 显示全部楼层
Man's Best Friend


ACT I


Robbie, this new Walkman is absolutely wonderful. Robbie 这个新的随身听真棒。
Richard and Marilyn bought it for me for my birthday. 这是Richard和Marilyn送给我的生日礼物。
They're so thoughtful. 他们考虑真周到。
You are very lucky, Robbie, to have such a nice family. Robbie 你真幸运,拥有一个这样温馨的家。
Is something wrong, Alexandra? Alexandra,怎么了?
No, nothing. 没有,没什么。
Yes, there is. 有,你有心事。
I can tell. 我能觉察到。
What's the matter? 到底发生了什么事?
Come on, you can tell me. 说吧,告诉我。
What's up? 有什么事?
I don't know. 我也说不上来。
Something's wrong. 有点不对劲。
OK, let's talk. 好吧,我们就来谈谈。
I received a letter from my parents this morning. 今天早上我收到父母的信。
Did they write some bad news? 他们写了什么坏消息?
No. 没有。
Well, then why are you so sad? 那,你为什么如此悲伤?
I miss them. 我想念他们。
I miss them very much. 我非常想他们。
I'm sorry, Alexandra. 我为你难过,Alexandra。
But I understand. 但是我能理解。
The Molinas treat me so nicely, Molina一家人对我很好,
and I love being with your family so much ... 我也很喜欢和你们一家在一起……
but when I received the letter 但是当我收到那封信
with photographs of my family, I cried. 连同家人照片时,我哭了。
I cried because I miss them all. 我哭因为我想念他们。
You really miss your family, don't you? 你非常惦念你的家人,是吗?
Yes. I know I must seem silly. 是的,我知道我看起来很可笑。
It's not like I have nobody. 我身边并非没有亲人。
I like the Molinas very much, 我很喜欢Molina一家。
and they're so kind to me. 他们对我真好。
Hey, why don't we go out 嘿,我们何不出去
for a cheeseburger and french fries? 吃一顿奶酪汉堡和炸薯条?
That'll cheer you up. 这样会让你舒畅些。
And you can use my Walkman. 可以用我的随身听。?
That's a good idea. 好主意。
But if we go out, 但是我们出去,
please don't complain 你可别老抱怨
about your math teacher or your math homework. 你的数学老师或你的数学作业。
I want to have fun. 我想要快快乐乐的。
So do I. 我也想。
I have to turn off the lights, 我得关掉灯,
or else my father will get really angry. 要不然我爸爸会生气。
He says I never turn them out when I leave. 他说我离开时从不关灯。
If they come home and they're on ... 要是他们回来看见灯开着……。
Do you hear something? 听到什么了吗?
Yes. 是的。
What was that? 是什么呢?
It sounded like a dog barking. 听起来像狗叫。
It sounded like a dog barking right here. 好像有狗就在这儿叫。
Yeah. 对。
A dog! 狗!
A springer spaniel! 一条长毛垂耳狗!
Come on in! 进来!
Make yourself at home. 不要客气。
Oh, you poor little thing. 可怜的小东西。
Come on. 过来。
Poor baby. 可怜的小东西。
Where did you come from? 你从哪儿来?
Her name's Gemma, 叫做Gemma,
and she belongs to Mr. and Mrs. Levinson. 是Levinson夫妇家的狗。
There's a phone number -- 有电话号码---
five five five ... eight four four eight. 555……8448。
Robbie, maybe you should call them    Robbie ,也许你该给他们打个电话
and tell the Levinsons we have their cute little spaniel. 告诉Levinson夫妇他们可爱的小猎犬在我们这儿。
I've always wanted a springer spaniel. 我一直想要一条长毛狗。
She's so cute. 这条狗真可爱。
The number you are calling -- 555-8448 -- 你打的电话号码555--8448
is no longer in service. 是空号。
The number's no longer in service. 这个号码现在是空号。
Oh, you poor, poor baby. 呵,可怜的小家伙。
You've lost your family. 无家可归了。
We'll find them. 我们会找到他们的。
Don't worry, Alexandra. 别担心,Alexandra。

u07-1.mp3

3.83 MB, 下载次数: 370, 下载积分: 金币 -2 枚

回复

使用道具 举报

 楼主| 发表于 2009-11-12 18:00 | 显示全部楼层
Man's Best Friend

ACT II

Don't worry, Alexandra. 别担心,Alexandra。
We'll find the owner. 我们会找到狗的主人的。
How, Robbie? 怎么找,Robbie?
Let me think. 让我想想。
Gemma, sit. Gemma,坐。
Good Gemma. 乖Gemma。
Give me your paw. 把脚伸出来。
Good Gemma. 乖Gemma。
This dog is well trained. 这条狗受过很好的训练。
She likes you, too. 她也喜欢你。
So how are we going to find the owners? 那么我们如何去找她的主人呢?
With a little help from the ASPCA, 有事找ASPCA ,
the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals. 美国禁止虐待动物协会。
They're the ones. 找他们没错。
We once found a cat. 我们有一次发现一只猫。
She was caught in the branches of our tree. 被我们家树的树枝夹住了。
And Dad called the ASPCA. 爸爸打电话给ASPCA。
They came and solved the problem. 他们来了,也解决了问题。
Robbie, let's call them. Robbie,我们给他们打电话。
Let me see -- ASPCA... 让我瞧瞧---ASPCA......  ?
Here it is. 在这儿。
ASPCA Animal Shelter. ASPCA动物收容所。
555-7700. 555--7700。
Hello, ASPCA. 喂,ASPCA。
Hello, my name is Robbie Stewart. 喂,我叫Robbie Stewart。
I have a lost dog I'd like to bring to you. 我这儿有一条失犬我想送来给你们。
How late are you open? 你们那儿开门到多晚?
We're open till nine P.M. 我们开到晚上九点。
Thank you. 谢谢。
I'll bring the dog over by nine. 我在九点之前把狗送来。
Thanks. 谢谢。
Bye. 再见。
Thanks. 谢谢。
Good-bye. 再见。
They're still open? 他们现在还开着?
They're open until nine o'clock. 他们开到九点。
We have two and a half hours. 还有两个半小时。
Let's take Gemma by there now. 我们赶紧把Gemma送去。
They'll find the owner. 他们会找到主人的。
I hope so. 希望如此。
I'm so sad to see this little dog without her family. 看到这狗没有家我真难过。
I'm sure they'll find the owner. 我相信他们会找到狗的主人。
But if they don't, I'll adopt her. 如果找不到,我就收养她。
She's so cute. 她真逗人喜欢。
Look at those eyes. 你看她的眼睛。
She's hard to resist. 真是人见人爱。
Don't you just love her? 你能说你不喜欢?
I'd like to keep her, too. 我也愿意收留 。
But I'll be going home to Greece 但是我就要回希腊去了
at the end of the semester. 在这个学期结束的时候。
She just wants love and affection. 她需要爱和关怀。
Come on, Robbie. 走吧,Robbie。
Let's get her to the animal shelter, 我们把她送到动物收容所,
so they can find her owners quickly. 好让他们很快找到她的主人。
Don't worry, Gemma. 别担心,Gemma。
We'll get you home. 我们会送你回家的。
It's not easy being away from home. 离家独闯不容易。
Come on, poochie. 来吧,小狗。
Atta girl! 好女孩!
Let's go. 我们走。
We're off to the animal shelter. 我们这就去动物收容所。
Your name? 你的名字?
Robbie Stewart. Robbie Stewart。
And this is Alexandra Pappas. 这位是Alexandra Pappas。
Your name will do, Mr. Stewart. 你的名字就够了,Stewart先生。
Your address? 你的住址?
46 Linden street, Riverdale. Riverdale ,林登街46号。
Where did you find the dog? 你在什么地方找到这条狗的?
She found us. 她找到我们的。
You tried calling the number on the collar? 是否照狗脖子上项圈的电话号码打过电话了?
Yes, but the number's no longer in service. 打过,但那个号码是空号。
And there's no address on the dog tag? 牌子上没有地址?
There's no other information. 没有其他资料。
No ID number. 没有识别号码吗?
Without that, it's hard. 没有就难办了。
You will try to find the dog's owner. 你们会尽力去寻找狗的主人吧。
Oh, we'll try, believe me. 哦,我们会想办法的,相信我。
And if you don't? 要是找不到呢?
Yes? 什么?
If you don't ... can I ... can I adopt the dog? 要是你们找不到狗的主人……我可否……我可否收养这条狗?
Why, yes. 当然可以。
If the owners don't claim the dog in forty-eight hours, 如果狗的主人在四十八小时内不认领,
then you can apply for adoption. 你就可以申请收养她了。
How do I do that? 我该办什么手续呢?
You really want to? 你真想要这样做?
Yes, I'm serious. 是的,我是真心的。
If no one comes to claim Gemma, 如果没有人来认领Gemma,
I'd like to adopt her. 我愿意收养 。
It's not difficult. 这不难。

u07-2.mp3

3.84 MB, 下载次数: 139, 下载积分: 金币 -2 枚

回复

使用道具 举报

 楼主| 发表于 2009-11-13 16:52 | 显示全部楼层
ACT III


OK. 好。
If you want to adopt an animal, 如果你想收养动物,
first we need to know some references. 首先我们得了解证明人。
References? 证明人?
People we know? 我们认识的人?
Friends, teachers.... 朋友,老师……
We need to talk to some people about you. 我们得向一些人打听你的情况。
We want to be sure that you're responsible 我们要确定你是负责的。
and that you can take good care of an animal. 而且能够好好照料动物。
Then you have to fill out this form 然后你要填写这份表格。
about your family background. 关于你的家庭背景的。
Is that it? 就这些啦?
No, there's more. 不,还有。
We need to know about your history with animals. 我们要了解你以前和动物的关联。
Have you ever owned an animal? 你是否曾养过动物?
Yes. 是的。
We had a cat when I was eight years old. 我八岁时养过一只猫。
I love cats. 我喜欢猫。
Do you have any animals now? 你现在还养着什么动物吗?
Unfortunately, no. 很遗憾,没有。
Anything else? 还有别的事吗?
We also like to know 我们还想知道
your reasons for wanting an animal. 你要养动物的原因。
Just to hold it and cuddle with it. 只不过想抱抱它。
Just to have as a pet. 还是要养来当宠物。
I love animals. 我喜欢动物。
To have a friend -- a pal. 想要一个朋友,一个伙伴。
You know, man's best friend is his dog. 你知道,人类最好的朋友就是狗。
And one thing more. 还有一件事。
If you're under twenty-one years of age ... 如果你还不到二十一岁……
That's me. 我就是这种情况。
Then an adult must sign for you. 那就必须有一位成人来替你签字。
Uh-oh. 啊哈。
No problem. 没问题。
My parents will think it's a good idea. 我的父母会觉得这是件好事。
I'll be back with them. 我会带他们来。
If the real owners don't come to claim Gemma ... 如果狗的主人没认领Gemma……
After forty-eight hours. 四十八小时后。
But please call first.请你先打电话给我啊。
Thanks for your information and for being so helpful. 谢谢你的帮助和如此热心。
It's my pleasure. 我很愿意效劳。
Nice talking to both of you. 很高兴与两位交谈。
Thanks again. 再次谢谢 。
Bye. 再见。
Maybe the real owners will come to claim her. 也许狗的主人会来认领的。
Her eyes look so sad. 她的目光那么忧郁。
She must really miss them. 她准是很想主人。
I see you're both animal lovers. 我看得出你们都是热爱动物的人。
We are. 我们是。
Good-bye, Miss Aborn. 再见,Aborn小姐。
We'll call in a couple of days. 我们两三天后给你打电话。
Good-bye, and thanks for bringing Gemma in. 再见,谢谢你们把Gemma送来。
Bye. 再见。
I keep thinking about the dog -- about Gemma, 我一直在想那条狗---Gemma,
alone in the animal shelter. 独自在动物收容所。
I know. 我知道。
But I promise you, Alexandra, 但是我向你保证, Alexandra,
the dog is just fine. 那条狗会很好的。
They're very kind to the animals. 他们照料动物很细心。
I know they are. 我知道他们会。
I mean about her being alone. 我是指她很孤单。
Even if they are kind to Gemma, 即使他们对Gemma很好,
she's still alone, without her family. 她仍是孤单的,没有家。
Ready, folks? 可以点菜了吗,两位?
Are you ready, Alexandra? 想好了吗,Alexandra?
Yes, I'm ready. 是的,我想好了。
I'll have the chef's salad, please. 我要主厨色拉。
I will have a cheeseburger, medium rare, 我要一份奶酪汉堡,五分熟的,
with raw onion, and french fries, please. 加生洋葱和炸薯条。
Anything to drink? 要喝点什么吗?
A diet cola, please. 一份健怡可乐。
Ginger ale with lots of ice for me, thank you. 橙味汽水,多加些冰,谢谢。
I've got it. 我都记下了。
Thanks. 谢谢。
Aren't you surprised 你不觉得很惊讶吗?
that the animal shelter is so careful 动物收容所需要如此小心
about finding homes for the animals? 为动物寻个家。
No, I'm not. 不,我不觉得。
And a cheeseburger, medium rare, 一份奶酪汉堡,五分熟的,
with onion and french fries.加生洋葱和炸薯条。
And a ginger ale with lots of ice. 一份橙味汽水,加多快冰块。
Salad dressing? 沙拉要什么调味酱?
Hey, I wanted you to hear my new sound system 嘿,我正想让你听我的新的音响设备
when the dog scratched on the front door. 当那狗在抓前门时。
Let's finish eating, 我们赶紧吃完,
and then we'll go back to my house. 然后回到我家。
I want you to hear my new tapes. 我给你听我的新录音带。
I've got some great new dance music. 我有几卷很好的新舞曲。
Hello. 喂。
Stewart residence. Stewart家。
Hello. 你好。
Is Robbie Stewart there? Robbie Stewart在吗?
This is he. 我就是。
Who's this? 你是谁?
This is Linda Aborn from the animal shelter. 我是动物收容所的Linda Aborn。
It's Linda from the animal shelter. 是动物收容所的Linda。
Yes, Linda. 是的,Linda。
Hi. 嗨。
We have good news and bad news, Robbie. 我给你带来了好消息和坏消息,Robbie。
Oh? 噢?
The good news is that the Levinsons have come by 好消息是Levinson夫妇已来这儿
to pick up the dog. 把狗领回去了。
The bad news is, you won't be able to adopt the dog. 坏消息是你不能收养那条狗了。
That's OK. 没有关系。
Come by one day and look at some of the other dogs. 有空来一趟,看看其它的狗。
I'm sure there's one for you. 我相信会有你喜欢的。
Thanks, Robbie. 谢谢,Robbie。
And the Levinsons thank you for bringing their dog to us. Levinson夫妇也谢谢你把他们的狗送来。
Thanks, Linda. 谢谢,Linda。
Bye. 再见。
The owners claimed Gemma? 主人把狗领回去了?
That's right. 是的。
I'm glad for the dog. 我真替那条狗高兴。
I guess I am, too. 我想我也一样。
She said if I come by, 她说,如果我去,
she'll help me find another dog. 她会帮我另外找一条狗。
Come on. 来吧。
Let's dance. 咱们跳舞。

u07-3.mp3

4.27 MB, 下载次数: 130, 下载积分: 金币 -2 枚

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-12-2 16:52 | 显示全部楼层
哇,真是精品啊,谢谢楼上的版主,赶紧收藏起来,学习学习:gdfsd
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-5-24 10:30 | 显示全部楼层
感谢版主的辛勤工作,下载了好好学习!
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2011-6-22 12:00 | 显示全部楼层
真太有用啊,感谢,还有新的吗,期待中.........
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2011-6-26 13:50 | 显示全部楼层
我女儿也在学——走遍美国,不错的教材,每次学的时候,她和他老爸总是要把我这个低级学生叫上,有时候问问我,我不知道,这让她很开心,尽头更大点。
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2011-10-27 10:17 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢老师的分享!先下载了2集学习。
回复

使用道具 举报

 楼主| 发表于 2011-10-28 13:33 | 显示全部楼层
回复

使用道具 举报

 楼主| 发表于 2011-10-28 13:35 | 显示全部楼层
You're Going to Be Fine


ACT I

Molly, I need your special talent for handling special matters. Molly,我需要你处理特殊情况的特殊才能。
Like what special matters? 什么样的特殊情况?
Well, I have a scheduling problem. 嗯,我在安排工作方面遇到困难。
Yes? 是吗?
I have three tonsillectomies set for Friday with Dr. Earl. 我安排好要和Earl大夫在星期五进行三个扁桃腺切除手术。
Yes? 是吗?
I need to fit a fourth operation into his schedule. 我得在他的工作日程上再加第四个手术。
And ... I know you can do it. 这……我知道你能做到。
Who's the patient? 病人是谁?
Carl Herrera. Carl Herrera。
The boy has infected tonsils, 这孩子的扁桃腺受到感染了,
and we should remove them as soon as possible. 我们要尽快把它切除。
Well, I'll try to arrange the schedule, Dr. Stewart. 好吧,我尽力去安排,Stewart大夫。
But it's not going to be easy. 不过,这事可不容易。
I know you'll be able to take care of it. 我知道你能够处理好这件事。
Well, Mrs. Herrera, 你好,Herrera太太,
Carl will be perfectly fine after we remove his tonsils. 切除扁桃腺之后,Carl会完全恢复健康的。
Thank you for your reassurance, Dr. Stewart. 谢谢你消除了我的顾虑,Stewart大夫。
He's had so many colds and sore throats recently. 他最近常常感冒,并且喉咙痛。
Well, it's a very easy operation, Carl. 这是个很简单的手术,Carl。
You won't feel a thing. 你一点感觉也没有。
But when do they do it? 但是什么时候动手术?
This Friday. 这个星期五。
But Saturday's my birthday. 但星期六是我的生日。
Well, we could reschedule the operation, Mrs. Herrera, 这样吧,我们可以重新安排手术时间,Herrera太太。
but I don't want to put it off too long. 但我希望不要拖得太久。
No, I think it's important to do it now. 不,我觉得还是应该现在动手术。
We can have a birthday party for you, Carl, 我们可以给你举行生日派对,Carl,
When you come out of the hospital. 在你病好出院后。
But it won't be on my birthday. 但是那就不是在我生日那天了。
But your health is more important, Carl. Believe me. 可是你的身体更重要,Carl。相信我的话。
I don't want my tonsils out. 我不想把扁桃腺割掉。?
Nurse Baker, would you come in, please? Baker护士,请你来一下,好吗?
Hello, Mrs. Herrera. Hi, Carl, how you doing? 你好,Herrera太太。嗨,Carl,你怎么样啦?
I don't want my tonsils out. 我不想切除扁桃腺。
Come with me, Carl. 跟我来,Carl。
You and I will talk this over. 我俩商量商量。
She has a special way with kids. 她对孩子很有一套。
She sure does. 她的确如此。
Carl, does your throat hurt? Carl,你喉咙痛吗?
Yes. 是的。
OK. Do you want to get better? 好,你想把病治好吗?
Yes. 是的。
OK. We want you to get better, too. 我们也希望你能尽快康复。
You'll have your tonsils out tomorrow, 明天,你的扁桃腺切除后,
and you won't get so many colds anymore. 你就不会老患感冒了。
But if I have my tonsils out tomorrow, 但是,我如果明天切除扁桃腺,
I'll miss my birthday party on Saturday. 就会错过星期六的生日派对。
I know. 我知道。
It's a problem, isn't it? 这确实是个问题,不是吗?
Let me try to work something out. 让我想个办法解决。
What? 什么办法?
I have to think about it. 我得想一想。
You're fooling me. 你想骗我。
Oh, I'm not, Carl. 噢,我不骗你,Carl。
Give me a chance to think about it, 给我一个机会想想,
and I'll come up with something. 我会想出一个办法的。
A surprise? 一个惊喜?
Maybe. 也许是。
But you just put on your pajamas and robe, 你先把你的睡衣裤和长袍穿上,
and I'll think of a surprise. 我来想出一个绝好的主意。
Will it hurt? 会痛吗?
No. 不痛。
There are other boys and girls here, 还有其他男孩女孩在这,
and they're having their tonsils out. 他们也将切除扁桃腺。
You'll meet them. 你会见到他们的。
I don't want to. 我不想见。
Change your clothes, Carl. 把衣服换了,Carl。
Everything will be just fine. 一切都会安好的。

u08-1.mp3

2.83 MB, 下载次数: 259, 下载积分: 金币 -2 枚

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2012-7-10 09:42 | 显示全部楼层
樵夫 发表于 2011-10-28 13:33
还有很多哈,原来因为一些原因中断了更新,现在响应老大号召,继续更新啦!!

这是一本很好的英语口语学习教材,希望继续更新,离2013年亚太感控年会越来越近了,论坛学习英语的热潮还要进一步掀起!谢谢樵夫老师的奉献。
回复

使用道具 举报

 楼主| 发表于 2012-7-16 23:14 | 显示全部楼层

You're Going to Be Fine

ACT II

OK. 好。
Do you know how to play charades? 你们会打哑谜吗?
Frank, you've never played charades? Frank,你从来没玩过哑谜。
Nope. 没有。
Carl, you're sure you've never played? Carl 你肯定你从没玩过吗?
OK, Betty, Tim, and Frank. 好,Betty,Tim,Frank。
We're going to play charades. 我们来玩哑谜。
Frank, you can learn as we go. Frank 我们玩,你跟着学。
And, Carl, you join in at any time. 还有Carl,你随时都可以加入。
OK, let me think. 好,让我想想。
OK, I've got one. 好,我有了。
All right. 行了。
A movie! 电影!
A movie! 电影!
Right. 对。
A movie. 电影。
OK. 好。
Six words. 六个字。
It has six words. 有六个字。
That's easy. 这很容易。
I can play. 我也能玩。
Good. OK. 好的。
We've got a movie. 我们知道是一部电影。
The title ... 名字是……
Six words. 有六个字。
Right. 对。
First word ... 第一个字……
Sounds like.(听来)像……
You got that part right. 你们这一部份猜对了。
Yes. 是的。
Sounds like ...(听来)像……
Sounds like what? (听来)像什么?
Sounds like no. (听来)像 no 。
Absolutely right, Frank. 完全正确 Frank。
Sounds like no. (听来)像 no 。
OK. 好。
We've got a movie. 我们知道是一部电影。
Six words. 六个字。
The first word sounds like no. 第一个字音像no。
Row. Row. Row。 Row。
Go. Go。
Nope. 不对。
Show. Show。
That's it--show. 就是它,show。               
No ... OK ... 不是……好……
Snow. 雪。
Absolutely right, Betty. 完全正确 Betty。
Sounds like no -- snow. 音像no,Snow。
OK, a movie. Six words. 好,一部电影。六个字。
The first word is snow. 第一个字是Snow 。
This is fun. 很有意思。
Oh, OK. 噢,好了。
The fifth word. 第五个字。
Right, fifth word. 对,第五个字。
Seven? Seven?
Absolutely right. 完全正确。
Very good. 很好。
The fifth word is seven. 第五个字是seven。
OK, we've got a movie. 好,我们知道是一部电影。
The first word is snow. 第一个字是“snow”。
Fifth word, seven. 第五个字是“seven”。  
I got it! 我知道了。
I got it! 我知道了。
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs〔白雪公主和七矮人〕
I got it. 我猜对了。
I got it. 我猜对了。
Frank, you got it. Frank,你猜对了。
Betty, you had it, but you didn't say it. Betty,你知道答案,但是你没有说出来。
I knew it. 我现在知道了 。
Carl, now you know charades. Carl,现在你知道什么是哑谜了。
Why don't you join us? 你何不参加入我们的游戏呢?
I don't like charades. 我不喜欢哑谜。
It's for babies. 这是给婴儿玩的。
Oh, I like it. 噢,我喜欢哑谜。
Well, they're babies. 嗯,他们都是婴儿。
You're a sore loser. 你是个输不起的家伙。
Yeah. 对。
No arguing. 别争了。
Save your voices. 留着点嗓子。
Between now and tomorrow 从现在起到明天
you're all going to have your tonsils out. 你们都要切除扁桃腺。
And you won't be able to speak for a while. 有一段时间,你们没有办法讲话。
So save your voices till then. 所以,省着点嗓子。
Hi, gang. Hi, everybody. 嗨,各位。
Well, what's going on? 噢,怎么啦?
I sure I am glad to see you, Dr. Stewart. 真高兴见到你来,Stewart大夫。
This is a rough group. 这是一群粗野的孩子。
I didn't want to play charades, 我不想玩哑谜。
so they're angry at me. 所以他们生我的气。?
Why don't you want to play? 你为什么不玩?
Because I don't want to be here. 因为我不想呆在这儿。
I don't want my tonsils out. 我不想切除扁桃腺。
Why not? 为什么不想?
Because my birthday is tomorrow. 因为明天是我的生日。
My mother promised me a birthday party with a clown. 我妈妈答应给我安排一个有小丑的生日派对。
But you can have one when you go home, Carl. 但你回去以后还可以办一个呀,Carl。
But my birthday is tomorrow. 但是我的生日就在明天。
I'm sorry, Carl. 很抱歉,Carl。
Carl, you'll have your party when you go home, Carl,你回去以后就可以开个生日派对了。
But it won't be on my birthday! 但那就不是在我生日那天了!
And you promised me a surprise. 而且你答应给我一个惊喜。
u08-2.mp3 (3.62 MB, 下载次数: 8)
回复

使用道具 举报

 楼主| 发表于 2012-7-18 17:30 | 显示全部楼层
You're Going to Be Fine

ACT III

It hurts, doesn't it? 有点痛,是不是?
You'll feel better tomorrow, Betty, believe me. 明天你就会好些,Betty,相信我。
Only one day, and it won't hurt as much. 只要一天,就不会像现在这样痛了。
Do you feel like eating? 想吃东西吗?
Having some dinner? 吃点晚餐?
Oh, don't look so sad. 噢,别显得那么无精打采。
Let me tell you about your dinner. 我告诉你晚餐是什么。
It's ice cream. 是冰淇淋喔。
Ice cream. 冰淇淋。
All kinds of flavors. 各种口味的都有。
Chocolate. 巧克力的。
Strawberry? 草莓的?
Vanilla? 香草的?
Vanilla, too? 香草的,也有吗?
I see you're feeling better already, Betty. 我看得出来你已经感觉好些了,Betty。
So you will have dinner? 那么要吃晚饭吗?
OK, honey, we'll see to it 好,亲爱的,我们设法
that you have strawberry and vanilla ice cream. 让你吃到草莓和香草的冰淇淋。
Just rest now. 现在好好休息。
You need some rest to help you get better quickly. 需要多休息才会好得快。
Hi, Frank. 嗨,Frank。
How you doing? 你怎么样了?
Oh, come on now. 噢,别这样了。
You're a big boy. 你是个大孩子了
It doesn't hurt that much, does it? 它没有那么痛,是吗?
Oh, I'm sorry it hurts so much, 啊,我很抱歉让你这么难受。
and you won't be able to have dinner. 你没有办法吃晚饭了。
You're just going to have to have ice cream. 你只得吃冰淇淋了。
Yes, ice cream. 对,冰淇淋。
Lots of flavors. 有很多种口味的。
Want to hear them? 你想听听吗?
Chocolate? 巧克力?
Then chocolate it is. 那就吃巧克力的。
One scoop or two? 一勺还是两勺?
Three scoops? 三勺?
Then three it will be. 好,就三勺。
You want three scoops also? 你也要三勺?
Chocolate, too? 也是巧克力的吗?
Well, I see you're feeling better. 嗯,我看得出你现在好些了。
Well, at least you're acting like you feel better. 不过,至少你表情证明你感觉好多了。
Three scoops of chocolate ice cream for Tim coming up. 给Tim的三勺巧克力冰淇淋马上送来。
Hi, Carl. 嗨,Carl。
How you doing? 你怎么样?
I know it hurts. 我知道它痛。
But it'll be better tomorrow. 但是明天就会好些了。
In the meantime, what would you like? 对了,你想要点什么?
Surprise. 惊喜。
A surprise? 惊喜?
I promised you a surprise, didn't I? 我答应过要给你一个惊喜,不是吗?
And it wasn't just ice cream, was it? 这惊喜还不仅是冰淇淋,对吗?
Your birthday is tomorrow, isn't it? 你生日是明天,对吧?
Well, maybe, just maybe, 嗯,或许,只是或许,
there will be a surprise. 会有一项让你惊喜的事。
But first you have to smile. 但首先你得笑一笑。
I just want to see one smile from you. 我就想看你笑一笑。
No smile, no surprise. 不笑,就不给你惊喜。
That's the deal. 这是交换条件。
No smile, no surprise. 不笑,就没有惊喜。
If you want a surprise, 如果你想要一个惊喜,
then you've got to smile first. 你就得先笑一笑。
How you all doing ? 你们大家怎么样?
Well, I'm glad you're feeling better 我很高兴各位感觉好些
because we have a little surprise for you today. 因为今天我们要给各位一个惊喜。
It's Carl's birthday, 今天是Carl的生日。
and we have Popo the Clown to entertain you. 我们请了小丑Popo来给大家表演助兴。
And here he is--Popo the Clown. 这位就是小丑Popo。
Happy birthday, Carl. 生日快乐,Carl。
Happy birthday. 生日快乐。
All right, everybody. 各位,你们好。
OK, Carl. 好的,Carl。
It's your birthday. 今天是你的生日。
What 's your wish? 你有什么愿望?
What would you like? 你想要什么?
Hmm? 嗯?
You want to play charades? 你想玩哑谜?

u08-3.mp3 (5.24 MB, 下载次数: 8)

评分

参与人数 1威望 +3 收起 理由
鬼才 + 3 很给力!

查看全部评分

回复

使用道具 举报

 楼主| 发表于 2012-7-31 10:25 | 显示全部楼层
It's Up to You


ACT I

Who is it? 是谁?
Dad. 爸爸。
Come on in, Dad. 请进来,爸爸。
I thought you might be hungry. 我想你大概饿了。
I brought you a chicken sandwich and a glass of milk. 我替你带来一份鸡肉三明治和一杯牛奶。
I am hungry. 我真是饿了。
Thanks, Dad. 谢谢,爸爸。
What time is it, anyway? 几点了,顺便问一下?
Ten o'clock. 十点钟。
What are you working on? 你在干什么?
I'm writing a story for the high-school paper. 我正在为高中校刊写篇东西。
Can't you finish it tomorrow? 你明天完成它不行吗?
No, I have to turn it in in the morning. 不行,明天上午我要交上去。
What's it about? 是关于什么的?
I'm writing an article on the feelings about graduation. 我在写一篇关于毕业感觉的文章。
And ... how do you feel? 那……你的感觉是什么?
Me? 我吗?
A little scared. 有点害怕。
And excited, too. 也很兴奋。
I felt the same way. 我当时也有这种感觉。
The scary part's leaving home and moving to college. 害怕的是要离开家到学校去。
Oh, leaving home is part of growing up. 呵,离开家是成熟过程的一部分。
Well, don't work all night. 好啦,别通宵工作。
I don't mind. 我不在乎。
I enjoy writing. 我喜欢写作。
Well, 那么,
maybe you should think about becoming a writer. 也许你应该考虑成为一名作家。
Maybe I should. 也许我该这样。
You have lots of time to decide. 你有很多时间做决定。
That's the worst part--making decisions. 最伤脑筋的是做决定。
You'll be OK. 你不会有问题的。
Good night, Son. 晚安,孩子。
Good night, Dad. 晚安,爸爸。
"Hail to the victors valiant, “向勇敢的胜利者致敬。
Hail to the conquering heroes, 向进取的英雄们致敬,
Hail, Hail to Michigan, 致敬,向Michigan致敬,
The champions of the West!" 西部的优胜者 !”
Ah, good morning, Robbie. 啊,早安,Robbie。
Good morning, Dad. 早安,爸爸。
How's my grandson? 我的孙子怎样啦?
Fine, Grandpa. Fine! 很好,爷爷。很好!
What's all the cheering about? 这么高兴是为什么?
Did the University of Michigan win another football game? 是不是Michigan大学赢得了一场足球赛
Better than that. 比那种事更值得高兴。
Tell him, Philip. 告诉他,Philip。
I just spoke with Charley Rafer. 我刚和Charley Rafer通了电话。
Who's Charley Rafer? 谁是Charley Rafer?
He's the Dean of Admissions for the University of Michigan. 他是Michigan大学招生办主任。
And it turns out he's a classmate of Philip's. 有意思的是,他和Philip是同班同学。
We were both on the tennis team. 我们都是网球队的成员。
Great! 真棒!
It is great. 的确是太好了。
He's going to be in New York tomorrow 明天他要在纽约
to interview applicants for admission. 与申请入学者面谈。
And he's agreed to fit you into his schedule. 他同意明天把你安排进他的名单 。
But I may not want to go to Michigan. 但是我可能不去Michigan。
It's one of the best schools in the country, Robbie. 这是全国最好的大学之一,Robbie。
I studied medicine there. 我在那儿学医学。
Your grandfather went to the Engineering School there. 你爷爷进那儿的工学院。
I know that, but ... 这我知道,但是……
You said you wanted to be a doctor like your father. 你说过你希望像爸爸一样成为一名医生。
Not exactly. 还不一定。
You couldn't pick a finer medical school than Michigan. 你再也找不到一所比Michigan大学更好的医学院了。
Yes, I know that. 是的,我知道。
Let's meet with Charley at the university club. 我们就去大学俱乐部见Charley吧。
Ten o'clock tomorrow morning. 明早十点钟。
It doesn't mean you're going to Michigan. 这并不是说你就要上Michigan大学。
It doesn't mean you have to be a doctor. 也并不意味着你一定要当医生。
But the interview will be good experience for you. 但这次面谈对你来讲是一次很好的经验。
In that case, it's OK. 这么说,我就去。
Dad, growing up means 爸爸,长大了意味
making my own decisions, doesn't it? 我自己能做决定,对吧?
You're right, Robbie. 你说得对,Robbie。
But, like your Grandpa suggested, 但是,照你爷爷所建议的
have the interview. 去参加这次面谈。
And then make your own decision. 然后你自己做决定。
That sounds fine. 这样听起来蛮好的。
I know it's sudden, Robbie, 我知道这件事很突然,Robbie。
but this is an important opportunity. 但这是一次很重要的机会。
We'll head down there first thing tomorrow morning. 明早第一件事就是这。
OK? 好吗?
Sure, Dad. 一定,爸爸。
I want you to know something, Son. 我希望你知道一件事,孩子。
I'm ... very proud of you. 我很……以你为荣。
Thanks, Dad. 谢谢你,爸爸。
Well, I've got an appointment at the hospital. 好啦,我在医院有个会。
I'll see you all at dinnertime. 吃晚饭时见面了。
Bye, Dad. 再见,爸爸。
Is something still wrong, Robbie? 还有什么不对的,Robbie?
I'll be OK. 没什么。
Going away to college for the first time 第一次离家上大学
always makes one a little nervous. 总是让人有些紧张。
I guess so. 我猜是这样。
I'll be OK. I just need time to think. 我会适应的。我只是需要时间思考。

u09-1.mp3 (3.98 MB, 下载次数: 1)

回复

使用道具 举报

 楼主| 发表于 2012-8-1 18:06 | 显示全部楼层
It's Up to You



Sorry, Robbie. Sorry to be late this morning, 对不起,Robbie。今天早上迟了点,
but, well, we've still got some time for a cup of coffee. 不过,我们还有喝杯咖啡的时间。
I can't wait to see my old pal Charley Rafer. 我真想早点见到老友Charley Rafer。
Neither can I. 我也一样。
So you thought about it, huh? 你考虑过了吗?
Yes, I have, Dad. 是的,我考虑了,爸爸。
Well, I'm glad. 那好,我很高兴。
I knew you'd realize 我知道你会认识到
that this interview could be an important experience for you. 这次面谈是一次很难得的经验。
I came to that conclusion. 我的结论也是这样。
That's very wise, Robbie. 这是很明智的,Robbie。
Very wise. 非常明智。
Now let's head off for the city and the university club. 现在我们进城去,到大学俱乐部。
Thanks, Dad. 谢谢,爸爸。
Thanks ... for what? 谢什么?
Thanks for hearing me out. And ... 谢谢你听我的意见。而且……
And ...? 而且……?
And thanks for being such an understanding father. 而且谢谢你是这样一位善于了解我的父亲。
Well, thank you, Robbie. Thank you. 嗯,谢谢你,Robbie。 谢谢你。
Philip Stewart! Philip Stewart !
It's great to see you! 真高兴见到你!
Charley Rafer--you look as young as ever. Charley Rafer ---你看起来就跟以前一样年轻。
You must be Robbie. 你就是Robbie吧。
Hi. 你好。
Yes, this is my youngest son Robbie. 是的,这是我的小儿子Robbie。
Robbie, I want you to meet    Robbie,我要你见见
one of the best tennis players on the Michigan team-- 当年Michigan球队最好的网球选手之一--
Charley Rafer. Charley Rafer。
Nice to meet you, Dean Rafer. 很高兴见到你,Rafer主任。
Well, are you as good a tennis player as your dad? 嗯,你是否像爸爸那样是一名优秀的网球选手呢?
No, I'm not very good at it. 不,我网球不行。
Frankly, neither was I. 坦白的说,我当年也不行。
Charley was the star of the team. Charley是当时队里的明星。
Yeah. Thanks. 凑数的,谢谢你。
Well, how're you been, Philip? 嗯,这些年来怎么样,Philip?
Oh, working too hard. 噢,工作太累人了。
Doesn't show. 倒是看不出来。
How's Ellen? Ellen怎么样?
Fine, thank you. 很好,谢谢。
And how's Marge? Marge怎么样?
She's still giving the toughest English history exams 她仍用最难的英语史试题考学生
in the school and loving every minute of it. 在学校乐此不倦。
And speaking of minutes, 谈到时间,
I have interviews until noon, 我从现在到中午有一系列的面谈,
so why don't we get right to work? 我们现在就开始工作,好吗?
Can you have lunch with us later? 晚些时候,你能与我们一起共进午餐吗?
I'd love to, Philip, but I'm afraid I can't. 我很想,Philip,但是我恐怕不行。
I'm only here two days, 我只有两天时间,
and I have interviews with twenty-six applicants. 而要面谈的申请人有二十六位。
I understand. 我能了解。
Well, thanks. 噢,谢了。
I'll wait outside. 我到外面等。
Good luck, Son. 祝你好运,孩子。
Did you bring your transcript from high school? 你把高中的成绩单带来了吗?
Yes, sir. 带来了,先生。
Right here. 在这儿。
Thank you. 谢谢。
Please sit down. 请坐下。
I see under "activities" that 我注意到在“活动”项目中提到
you've been writing for the school paper. 你为校刊写文章。
Yes, sir. 是的,先生。
What kinds of articles have you written? 你写过一些什么样的文章?
All kinds--sports, editorials, theater reviews. 各种各样的---体育,社论,剧评。
You name it, I've written it. 你说得出的,我都写过。
Hmmm. 嗯。
Well, have you ever thought of becoming a journalist? 那好,你是否想过成为一名新闻记者?
A professional writer? 职业写作人员?
Not until recently. 最近才考虑到。
Michigan has a fine School of Journalism. Michigan大学有一个很好的新闻学院。
Yes, I know that. 是的,我知道。
You seem to have some reservations. 看起来你还有些犹豫。
I'm a little uncertain. 我有点犹豫不决。
It's been very nice talking to you. 很高兴与你交谈。
Nice talking to you, sir. 我也很高兴与您交谈,先生。
One piece of advice. 给你一句忠告。
The most important thing is for you to decide your own future. 最重要的是你要自己决定自己的未来。
Yes, sir. 是的,先生。
Good-bye, Dean Rafer. 再见,Rafer主任。
Good-bye, Robbie. Good luck. 再见,Robbie,祝你好运。


u09-2.mp3 (3.35 MB, 下载次数: 1)




回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册 |

本版积分规则

×本站发帖友情提示
1、注册用户在本社区发表、转载的任何作品仅代表其个人观点,不代表本社区认同其观点。
2、如果存在违反国家相关法律、法规、条例的行为,我们有权在不经作者准许的情况下删除其在本论坛所发表的文章、帖子。
3、所有网友不要盗用有明确版权要求的作品,转贴请注明来源,否则文责自负。
4、本社区保护注册用户个人资料,但是在自身原因导致个人资料泄露、丢失、被盗或篡改,本论坛概不负责,也不承担相应法律责任。

关闭

站长推荐上一条 /1 下一条

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表