医疗界最大丑闻:印度医生重复使用医疗器械 置四万患者于HIV感染危险

[复制链接]
发表于 2008-3-31 08:50 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

马上注册登录,享用更多感控资源,助你轻松入门。

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?注册 |

医疗界最大丑闻:印度医生重复使用医疗器械 置四万患者于HIV感染危险

感谢原作者
Indian American doc in malpractice scandal

NEW YORK: An Indian American doctor based in Las Vegas, Nevada is caught in what might turn out to be the biggest medical malpractice scandal in the country in recent times.

Dr Dipak K. Desai owned and operated the Endoscopy Center of Southern Nevada Las Vegas clinic. Officials from the Southern Nevada Health District said that Desai told his office staff to reuse syringes and medical vials in his clinics over the last four years, exposing more than 40,000 people to hepatitis B and C, as well as HIV.

Six cases of hepatitis have already been confirmed. The Nevada State Board of Medical Examiners announced March 7 that Dr Desai has voluntarily agreed to stop practicing medicine, at the boardchr(128)s request until the boardchr(128)s investigation into the operations and allegations concerning the center has been completed, according to the Las Vegas Sun.

In a statement issued through his attorney on March 10, Dr Desai said, "As a longtime resident of Southern Nevada, I share our communitychr(128)s sorrow and concern for those who have been affected by this situation.

I understand that many have questions about the allegations which have been levied against me and the Endoscopy Center of Southern Nevada. While I wish I were allowed to answer those questions, I am unfortunately unable to do so at this time on the advice of legal counsel.

These unfounded allegations will be addressed in a court of law, when facts have been presented and substantiated. I look forward to that day, when I will be afforded the right to due process to which we are all entitled as Americans."

Dr Desai, who has been practicing medicine in Nevada for 28 years, is an alumnus of Gujarat University and later did his medical residency at the Catholic Medical Center in New York.

He is said to be an influential political fixer in Nevada, having made financial contributions to the election campaigns of President George W. Bush and former vice-president Al Gore, among others.

After Nevada Governor Jim Gibbons won the election in 2006, Dr Desai was made a member of his transition team. He also served on the governorchr(128)s health care working group.

Ironically, Dr Desai was a member of this board which investigates allegations against doctors. He also served as chairman of the boardchr(128)s investigative committee.

http://indiapost.com/article/healthscience/2301/

题目:印度医生玩忽职守

纽约:内华达州拉斯维加斯的印度医生被当场抓住玩忽职守,这可能是美国近年来最大的医疗界的丑闻。

Dipak K. Desai医生拥有并经营着南内华达州拉斯维加斯门诊部的内窥镜中心。南内华达州健康社区的官员说,在过去的四年里Desai让他的部门同事重复使用注射器和医用小瓶,使得超过40000人暴露在感染乙型肝炎、丙型肝炎和HIV的危险之下。已经证实有六例因此而患了肝炎。据拉斯维加斯太阳报报导:内华达州医学管理委员会的医学调查者3月7日宣布,根据管理委员会的要求,Desai医生自愿同意停止行医,直到管理委员会对手术和内窥镜中心的调查结束。 3月10号,Desai医生通过他的律师发表声明说,“作为一个南内华达州的长期居民,对于因此而被感染的人我也同样感到非常难过并关注,我理解很多人都会想知道对我和南内华达州内窥镜中心做了什么样的指控。尽管我非常希望我可以回答这些问题,不过不幸的是我的律师不建议我现在这样做;一旦被证实是事实,会在法庭上公布这些指控。我期待那一天,那时我将可以有权行使作为美国公民被赋予的合法程序”。Desai医生毕业于Gujarat大学,接下来在纽约Catholic医学中心做住院医师,到现在为止他已经在内华达州行医28年。据说他是内华达州一个有点影响的政客,曾经在经济上支持过布什总统和前副总统高尔的选举活动。 2006年Jim Gibbons获选内华达州州长后,Desai医生成了他的过渡小组中的一员。他也是州长健康服务组的一员。
    很讽刺的是,Desai医生也是这个调查医生违规的管理委员会的一员。他同时是管理委员会负责调查部门的主席。

来源:http://indiapost.com/

评分

参与人数 1 +10 收起 理由
无极紫晶 + 10 震惊!谢谢!

查看全部评分

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2008-3-31 09:22 | 显示全部楼层
悲哀!

但我们更要注意和重视我们自己的器械消毒、灭菌和重复使用的监督管理问题!

但愿我们的医院和医疗更安全!